Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pregnancy Hormones, The Continuing Saga

You would think I would learn. As I mentioned in a previous post, country music has recently had an interesting effect on me. Bringing tears when they are least expected. But what did I ask for for Christmas? Brad Paisley CD's. And I got two. Throwing all caution to the wind, I popped one in my CD player on the way to work the other day, and what do you think happened?? "Little Moments" started playing, and I started thinking about how Brandon and my's relationship is kind of like the couple in the song, and before I know it, my eyes are leaking. Not just little tears that I can blink back, but full grown splashing down my cheeks kind of tears. And I knew that my nose must be glowing bright red, and I was only a few minutes away from work, what kind of explanation could I give? Nothing sounds normal. "I was just listening to a song, and it made me think about my husband, and I started to cry." That's ridiculous!! Luckily I didn't run into my employers until my nose was no longer neon red, and my eyes weren't puffy.

But I did realize that part of why I cry at love songs is because they make me realize how good I have it with Brandon. (Warning: This may become sappy, so if you need a kleenex, go ahead and get one.) I mean, I am a really lucky girl! I have married a man who loves me with all of his heart. Who laughs at my jokes, even when they're not funny. Who loves the Lord. A man who is willing to pull over at the side of the road to watch fireworks and sing patriotic songs together. Someone who is strong and gentle. I realized the other day that I fit just perfectly under his chin. Brandon is an honest, responsible, trustworthy gentleman. This man, I am honored to call my husband. And I am so looking forward to raising our children together. I tell you what, the next time you're feeling irritated because your spouse didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher, turn on a country love song and reflect on how good you really have it. Brad Paisley just might be the marriage counseling you need. Ok, can someone pass me a tissue, my eyes are leaking again :)

Mandy <><

No comments: