Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our Trip to Kansas

In August Mom, Dad, Steph, Evan, Caden, James and I all piled into Steph's Suburban (Mommy's big car, as Evan calls it) and headed to Kansas for our cousin Kendra's wedding. We had plenty of diapers, books, movies, and snacks on hand. And of course, a fantastic sense of humor :) We did it in one long day on the way out and two on the way home. We stopped at rest stops along the way so Evan could play and Steph and I could feed the boys. We did diaper changes on the hatch of the Suburban, and once on the table at Wendy's. We sang songs and played games. Whoever sat in the middle seat interpreted between the driver and the people in the back. We got to go to a beautiful wedding and a great reception. We got to see lots of fun family members. We saw my aunt and uncle's new house and went to my cousin's house for dinner. We caught up on each other's lives. And I'm pretty sure my sister and I felt like we were having a slumber party each night. Even if it was interrupted by the newest men in our lives needing to eat and be rocked back to sleep. It was a long, hot trip, but one of my fondest summer memories :)
Mandy <><

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What cute pictures! Sounds like a very fun (and exhausting) trip. Road trips aren't quite what they used to be, huh?