Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks!

The Fourth of July brought back memories for me this year. Not of a former Fourth of July, mind you, but of an evening of fireworks. When Brandon and I lived in Independence, MO and knew we were moving to Pittsburg, KS we periodically went down to Pittsburg to try to find a place to live once we moved. On one such trip we were headed home to Independence, after an afternoon of house hunting that resulted in no house. We were kind of tired of the trek and just wanted to get home. As we were driving through the middle of nowhere we saw fireworks off in the distance. It wasn't Fourth of July, or any other holiday for that matter. Perplexed we kept an eye on the fireworks display as we got closer and closer. It looked like they were coming from a small town up ahead. It was a really nice fireworks display, so we pulled over on the side of the road to watch them. As we were watching them I realized there was something missing - patriotic music! Now, this is one of the main reasons I know my husband and I belong together, he sat on the side of the road with me, watching a totally random fireworks display and sang patriotic songs with me. And he was enthusiastic. It's actually one of my favorite memories of Brandon and I. Maybe that's why I love fireworks :)

Mandy <><

1 comment:

Grandma Sandy said...

Ahhhhh!!!! That's my boy.